On Sunday 20th May, Regent Brass competed at the SCABA Entertainment Contest in The Hawth theatre, Crawley. Playing in the A section, the band performed a varied and entertaining 24-minute programme to a receptive audience and adjudicator Dr. Robert Childs.
After a solid showing, the band gained a creditable 2nd place behind fellow Championship-section band Haverhill with star trombone soloist Tetsuro Okamura once again picking up the “Best Soloist” prize for an exciting performance of “Bluebells of Scotland.
The band now look forward to preparing for a range of concerts over the coming months followed a CD recording in the Autumn.
- The Dreaded Groove and Hook (Simon Dobson)
- Bluebells of Scotland (Arthur Pryor arr. Derek Broadbent) Trombone Soloist, Tetsuro Okamura
- Libertango (Artur Piazolla arr. Leigh Baker)
- Danmark nu Blunder den Lyse Nat (Traditional Danish arr. Jesper Riis)
- Finale from “Checkmate” (Arthur Bliss arr. Eric Ball)